Have you ever experienced feelings of hopelessness in your life? Felt stuck and thought that a difficult situation may not change, even when you are trying to push forward? Not to sound like a sales pitch, where it might start off by describing a problem then going straight to how your problem will be solved. I am making reference to a person’s state of mind
I was today having a discussion with someone about how people may sometimes feel stuck, and that their situation may not change; and they reminded me of the fact that situation are what you see. How you can choose to appropriate action, in bringing up your desired results. The song, “New York, New York came to mind, along with Jay Z (now without the hyphen in between) and Alicia Keys song came to mind: Empire State of Mind.
As a person deciding to want to change your current circumstance and go for a change in your life, you may feel held back from pursuing it. This maybe because of a past setback; or your current situation might not feel so bright. Yes, when having such strong feelings it may become difficult to see the wood from amongst the trees. You can alter the way that you view things, by coming from the mindset that you can make things happen. Here are 3 tips that you can use for this:
- Checking-in. This is where you utilise your internal resources. Number one – looking at where you are, deciding where you want to be. To go a step further write down your five top priorities, you may be amazed what is appearing at the top of this list.
- What can I do? Often you may be focusing on the problem or challenge. Instead look forward, ask yourself two questions:
- What am I meant to learn from this? Sometimes known as the assignment?
- What existing resources and skills do I have? Otherwise known as your internal resources.
- Simplify your life. One way is to go back to basics and do a process of eliminating the things that you no longer require. This may be de-cluttering your wardrobe of clothes. When there is a lot of clutter around you, it can have an affect on your thinking.
So, please remember that you have the power to make things happen – have an empire state of mind!